Setting Up Your Training Peaks Account
Training Peaks is an application that allows coaches & athletes to connect securely and easily. It is where you will find your training log, calendar and all of your scheduled and completed workouts. You will see a tally of your daily, weekly, monthly & yearly mileages, duration, personal bests, along with a host of cutting edge analytic tools to measure your fitness, fatigue level and progress. Your MPF Coach will be given full access to your training calendar for easy scheduling, analysis and feedback of your completed workouts.
Once you have subscribed to our coaching service, we will send you your username with a temporary password to login to your account. Feel free to login and change the password at anytime under "settings" of your account.
If you already have an account and need to attach your account to your coach follow the instructions below. Your coach may send you a request as well, in this case, disregard below and follow the email instructions to easily attach your account.
- Access user settings by clicking on your name towards the top right corner of the TrainingPeaks window and selecting "settings" under the drop-down menu.
- Under "Account", either click on "Coaches" or scroll down to this section.
- Type in your coach's email address and click "Add".
- A confirmation stating the email was sent will be displayed.
- Your work as an athlete is complete. Your coach will receive an email from TrainingPeaks and complete the connection by accepting this request.
Training Peaks Mobile
Along with the Training Peaks website, you can view your calendar and scheduled workouts through our free TP mobile app for smartphones and tablets. You will have full access to your account on the go for easy viewing, uploading, commenting, etc.
Download the app below, login with your username & password and your all set. You will also receive your daily workouts by email as well.
Uploading Workout Files From a Device or App to your TP Calendar
If you are using a Garmin or Suunto device, and or mobile Application that has a history of your completed workouts to date and would like to import them into your Training Peaks account, you can do so either manually or automatically through wifi or bluetooth. You can do this for single files or a bulk amount. Newer devices and applications can do this automatically when given the permission to have access to your TP account, which we recommend. To manually do this, follow the directions below.
- Click on the workout or day on your calendar that you'd like to upload your workout file to.
- Within this workout quick view window, click the 'Upload' button towards the top right corner.
- A finder window will open and you can now browse your computer for this workout file. Please Note: your device will have to be plugged into your computer or the workout files will have to already be present on your computer.
- You can also simply drag and drop the file onto your calendar.
If you use a Garmin device and have multiple accounts, such as Training Peaks, Strava and Garmin Connect, click here to learn how to sync these sites together for automatic uploading using Garmin AutoSync. This allows your workout; once completed, to upload automatically to Garmin Connect, which will then automatically push the workout file to connected sites such as Training Peaks and Strava.