NASM Corrective Exercises Specialist
NASM Performance Enhancement Specialist
NASM Youth Exercise Specialist
NASM Personal Trainer
NASM Nutrition Specialist
Bachelors in Science
First Aid Certified
Elizabeth - My adventurous spirit and lust for the outdoors led me to the great state of Alaska. I arrived in Alaska in 1995 and ended up living there for 8 years. While in Alaska I structured my life around adventure, adventurous people and my studies. I lived a life of a true adventurer. I gained my experience through my studies and hobbies, which included mountaineering, ice climbing, skiing, mountain biking and of course, running the trails.
I became a coach & fitness professional in 1999. Since then I have coached over 200 athletes in swimming, triathlon, road running, trail running, ultra running, as well as general health & fitness. I truly find being a coach & fitness professional the most rewarding career choice for me. I love helping people reach their goals, whether to become healthier and stronger or to compete in an ultra endurance event.
After 18 years of gaining experience with endurance athletes and athletes of life, I have had the opportunity to take the methodology from my NASM certifications, Functional Movement Systems, and information from the top Strength & Conditioning coaches in our industry, and extensively put them to the test.
Through my experience I firmly believe 99% percent of athletes cannot reach their true potential without a program that includes periodization techniques, a corrective exercise plan, along with the proper mobility and strength & conditioning training specific to their needs and goals.
What happens if you choose me as your coach?
- You will fill out a our Athlete Profile & PAR-Q Questionnaire. This will give me further insight into your daily routine, sleep patterns, stress levels, nutrition and any past or current medical issues or injuries.
- You will be taken through a Functional Movement Assessment (in person or via online). A functional Movement Assessment allows me to see how your body moves through a series of 7 movements. Based on the assessment, we will start addressing your limitations. For example; maybe you’re lacking hip mobility and or ankle mobility and your core isn’t firing properly so we will begin to immediately address this and anything else that shows up from the screening.
- I will prescribe certain exercises whether mobility or strength to address your imbalances, injuries, etc. The goal is for your movement patterns to improve. If you are experiencing any pain, I will point you in the right direction of a physical therapist or doctor and we will take it from there.
- Once your movement patterns have improved the chance of you experiencing an injury will decrease.
- Program design will begin.
I will follow your progress and continually review your data and any feedback you provide, this way I can address any issues that may arise and make necessary adjustments to your training.
I believe everyone is an athlete, whether you’re an athlete of life or sport. I am here to guide you, motivate you and support you to reach your goals and beyond. When you choose to have me as your Coach, we become a team, from beginning to end.
Elizabeth's Race Reports, Articles & Adventures
- Mountain Madness 50k race report
- Running with the Devil race report
- Western States 100 "24 Hours with Seconds to spare..."
- Burning River 100 Mile Endurance Run, race report
- MMT 100 Mile Endurance Run
- Bel Monte 50 Mile Endurance Run
- Grindstone 100 Mile Endurance Run
- Badwater 135 Mile Ultramarathon
- Laurel Highlands 70.5 Trail Ultra
- MMT 100 Mile Ultra
- The North Face 50 Mile Endurance Challenge
- Grindstone 100 Mile Ultramarathon“The Shadows of a Headlamp”
- Green Lakes 100K Endurance Run
- Escarpment 18.6 Mile Trail Run "Mountain Goats only!"
- Elizabeth's Crewing Experience at The 2008 Badwater 135 Mile Ultramarathon
- Miwok 100k "California Dreaming"
- The North Face 50 Mile Ultra in Bear Mtn NY
- Run-Up The Empire State Building
- Fat Dog 120 Mile Endurance Run in British Columbia
- Manitou's Revenge 54 Mile Ultra
- Rock the Ridge 50 Mile Challenge - 2nd Place Female
- Wasatch 100 Mile Endurance Run
- Maniotu's Revenge 56 Mile Ultra, 4th Place
- Lenape 50k
- Mount Tammany 10 Ultra, 1st Place
- Hancock Shaker Village 50 Mile Ultra, 1st female, 3rd overall
- Mountain Madness 50k - 3rd female, 10th overall
- The Escarpment 30K Trail Race - 5th female
- Western States 100 Mile Endurance Run in 23:59:44
- Burning River 100 USATF National Championship - 4th female, 1st age group
- MMT 100 Mile Endurance Run - 3rd female
- Bel Monte 50 Mile Endurance Run - 1st female - 14th overall
- Grindstone 100 Mile Endurance Run, 2nd female, 16th overall
- The BADWATER 135 Mile Ultramarathon, 6th female, 25th overall
- Laurel Highlands 70 Mile Trail Run, 2nd Female, 10th overall
- The North Face Endurance Challenge 50 Mile run, 3rd Female
- Grindstone 100 Mile Endurance Run, 4th Female
- Green Lakes Endurance Run 100K, 1st Female Course Record!, 3rd overall
- Escarpment 18.6 Mile trail Race - 8th Female
- North Face 50 Mile Endurance Run, Bear Mtn. N.Y. - 3rd Female, 9th overall
- Western States 100 Mile Endurance Run - 8th Female in division
- Vermont 100 Mile Endurance Run - 3rd Female
- Miwok 100K Endurance Run - 21st Female
- American River 50 Mile Endurance Run - 15th Female, 3rd division
- Vermont 100 Mile Endurance Run
- Escarpment 18.6 Mile Trail Race - 9th Female
- American River 50 Mile Endurance Run - 24th Female
- Blues Cruise 50K Endurance Run - 2nd place
2000 - 2004
- 2004 American River 50 Mile Endurance Run
- 2003 Kincaid Park Alaska 24 Hour Mountain Bike Race - 2nd place
- 2002, 24 Hour Adventure Race, Alaska - 1st place
- 2001, 24 Hour Adventure Race, Alaska - 2nd place
- 2001, Susitna 100 Mile Endurance Run, Alaska - 2nd Female
- 2000, Susitna 100 Mile Endurance Run, Alaska - 2nd Female